|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
Harrisburg, PA – February 13, 2009 - (RealEstateRama) – Homeowners whose residences have not yet been approved for a homestead or farmstead exemption under the state’s property tax relief law have until March 1, 2009, to file their applications with the Berks County Assessment/ Homestead Office, Senator Michael A. O’Pake (D-Berks) reminded constituents.
“Anyone who owns the home or farm they live in is eligible for property tax relief from slots gaming. But, in order to qualify, the property must be an approved homestead or farmstead.
“If you’re already on this list, there’s nothing you need to do. But, if you’re a new homeowner or never filled out the homestead/farmstead exclusion application, you need to apply by March 1 in order to qualify for school property tax relief in fiscal 2009-10” O’Pake said.
Last year, O’Pake said, more than 88,000 Berks County homeowners received more than $19.6 million in school property tax relief from gaming. Statewide, $526.9 million was distributed from gaming for school property tax relief. On top of that, 18,000 eligible Berks County senior citizens received more than $8 million in property tax and rent rebates.
Homestead/farmstead exclusion applications were mailed out by school districts in December.
If your property is not already an approved homestead/farmstead, or you didn’t receive an application, applications are available by contacting your local school district. Further questions may be directed to the Berks County Assessment/Homestead Office at 610-478-6262, ext. 5252.
No related posts.
- Governor Wolf’s Budget Delivers Plan to Create Jobs that Pay, Drive Economic Development
- Property Service Workers, Students, Staff, Lawmakers Host a Vigil to Say Goodbye to Unfair Conditions
- PA Housing Trust Fund Bill Gains Early Support
- Treasury’s Unclaimed Property Program Can Help Put Lincolns, Jacksons or More Back in Residents’ Wallets this Presidents’ Day
- Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities Earns Bank, Mortgage Supervision Reaccreditations
- Congressman Doyle, Community Leaders Convene Homelessness Forum: September 3 Event at CMU to Focus on the Increasing Rate of Homelessness
- PHA To Use On-line Housing Applications For First Time
- PHFA announces keynote speakers for May Housing Forum
- Congressional Budget Impasse Threatens Homes for Thousands of Pennsylvanians
- Notice of Filing of Securities Class Action Against Inland Western Retail Real Estate Trust, Inc., Certain of Its Directors, Officers and Affiliates, and William Blair & Company, L.L.C.
- Will Get Down Payment Help; Affordable Housing; 3,000 New Jobs with $380 Million in Recovery Funds
- FREE PROPERTY TAX/RENT REBATE APPLICATION FILING HELP AVAILABLE IN JOHNSTOWN NOV. 14
- The Great Escape Theatres Opens New 14-Screen Theater at Feldman Mall Properties' Harrisburg Mall
- $222.7 Million In Property Tax/Rent Rebates Distributed To Older Adults, Residents With Disabilities
- Grubb & Ellis Company Announces Recent Transactions