Govberg Jewelers joins exclusive Walnut Street retail row.
Philadelphia, PA – November 19, 2009 – (RealEstateRama) — Metro Commercial, one of the region’s largest full-service retail real estate firms, announced today that it has negotiated a lease for Govberg Jewelers to locate its flagship store at 1521 Walnut Street in the heart of Philadelphia’s “Rittenhouse Row”.
Metro’s Commercial’s president, Steve Gartner negotiated the lease for the 6,200 square foot building, which will be entirely occupied by Govberg Jewelers. It is scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2010. The property is owned by Los Angeles-based Blatteis & Schnur, an owner and developer of first-class retail properties on many of the dominant shopping streets throughout America.
Govberg is relocating from its current location at 1818 Chestnut Street, and returning to its prior longtime home along Rittenhouse Row, the prestige shopping avenue in Center City Philadelphia. This location joins Govberg’s other stores at The Comcast Center, also in Center City, and in Bala Cynwyd, PA, in the heart of The Main Line.
With one of the largest selections of prestigious timepieces, watch winders, and exquisite jewelry in the country, Govberg Jewelers has been Philadelphia’s premier jeweler since 1922. Founded three generations ago by Albert Govberg, the company today operates under the leadership of his grandson, Danny Govberg.
“My grandfather bought jewelry from Danny’s grandfather many decades ago,” says Steven Gartner, “So, I was honored to be able to assist with their search for a new Philadelphia home. Even with the ups and downs currently in the economy, Govberg has shown a tremendous ability to provide what the luxury customer seeks, along with value and top-notch customer service.”
About Metro Commercial
Metro Commercial (www.metrocommercial.com) is one of the largest full-service retail real estate firms in the region with transaction considerations exceeding $1.1 billion. Metro Commercial specializes in retail tenant representation, shopping center leasing, property management, investment property sales and construction services. With 2 offices located in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Metro Commercial currently represents nearly 50 national retailers and serves as the exclusive leasing agent for more than 200 properties, totaling nearly 20 million square feet. Metro Commercial also specializes in selling shopping centers throughout PA, NJ, and DE.
Contact: Amy Orons
Metro Commercial Real Estate, Inc.
No related posts.
- SeniorCare Network of Oakmont Selected for State’s Supportive Housing Award
- PHFA announces $19.5 million in tax credits and $81 million in tax exempt financing for affordable multifamily developments in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities Earns Bank, Mortgage Supervision Reaccreditations
- Summer Food Service Program Offers Healthy Meals and Activities
- Pennsylvania Home Builder Settles FTC Charges of Deceptive Mortgage Advertising
- Governor Corbett Announces Grant Award to Help Cumberland County Residents with Permanent Physical Disabilities Remain in Homes
- Local Congressmen Announce New Federal Aid for Rebuilding Water and Sewer Infrastructure
- Congressman Doyle, Community Leaders Convene Homelessness Forum: September 3 Event at CMU to Focus on the Increasing Rate of Homelessness
- PHA To Use On-line Housing Applications For First Time
- PHFA announces keynote speakers for May Housing Forum
- Congressional Budget Impasse Threatens Homes for Thousands of Pennsylvanians
- Notice of Filing of Securities Class Action Against Inland Western Retail Real Estate Trust, Inc., Certain of Its Directors, Officers and Affiliates, and William Blair & Company, L.L.C.
- Will Get Down Payment Help; Affordable Housing; 3,000 New Jobs with $380 Million in Recovery Funds
- FREE PROPERTY TAX/RENT REBATE APPLICATION FILING HELP AVAILABLE IN JOHNSTOWN NOV. 14
- The Great Escape Theatres Opens New 14-Screen Theater at Feldman Mall Properties' Harrisburg Mall
- $222.7 Million In Property Tax/Rent Rebates Distributed To Older Adults, Residents With Disabilities
- Grubb & Ellis Company Announces Recent Transactions