FEMA Approves $1.2 Million Grant For Property Acquisition
RealEstateRama   -   Real Estate   -   Government   -   Nonprofit   -   Web

FEMA Approves $1.2 Million Grant For Property Acquisition

-

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – July 29, 2009 – (RealEstateRama) — Jonathan Sarubbi, Regional Administrator for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Philadelphia Office, announced today the awarding of more than $1.2 million in funding to acquire five homes in Temple Hills, Maryland. The five properties are located in areas of unstable soil.

FEMA will pay $1,279,715 – 75 percent of the project costs, which total $1,706,287. The applicant, Prince George’s County, will provide non-federal funds to pay the remaining 25 percent.

“This funding will allow the County to remove residents from harm’s way and avoid future tragedies,” said Regional Administrator Sarubbi. “Funds under the Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant Program (PDM) allow for communities to build stronger and safer.”

FEMA’s PDM Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Grant Program provides funding to states, Indian Tribal governments, territories, and local governments for implementing cost-effective hazard mitigation planning and projects before disasters occur. Authorized by the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief Act, the goal of the PDM Program is to reduce the overall risk to people and property from future disasters, while also reducing reliance on funding from disaster declarations.

Funding is provided through the National Pre-Disaster Mitigation Fund and is subject to Congressional appropriations. Grant awards are subject to a 75 percent Federal/25 percent non-Federal cost share. Small, impoverished communities may receive up to 90 percent Federal funding.

For additional PDM information, visit: www.fema.gov/government/grant/pdm/index.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

SHARE

Pennsylvania RealEstateRama is an Internet based Real Estate News and Press Release distributor chanel of RealEstateRama for Pennsylvania Real Estate publishing community.

RealEstateRama staff editor manage to selection and verify the real estate news for State of Pennsylvania.

Contact:

Previous articleAttorney General Corbett announces $2.7 million in foreclosure relief for more than 1,100 PA residents as part of Countrywide Financial settlement
Next articleDonovan awards $95 million to jump-start affordable housing construction in Pennsylvania