Glenside, PA – September 14, 2008 – (RealEstateRama) — The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and NeighborWorks America, Great Lakes District are pleased to inform you of a practical, convenient opportunity to learn more about mortgage foreclosure. Available only until December 31, 2008, this training course addresses issues confronting many communities throughout the United States.
The NeighborWorks America and the NeighborWorks Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling (NCHEC) Foreclosure Basics training course will allow you to obtain valuable skills and training online. The course is offered free of charge to 501c3 nonprofit organizations and government agencies until December 2008. The course is designed for homeownership counselors but is useful to anyone wanting to learn more about dealing with foreclosures in their community.
This online course satisfies one of the requirements for counseling certification; it is equivalent to the popular two-day Foreclosure Basics course taught at NeighborWorks Training Institutes and regional trainings. The course is especially helpful for people who have one year of general homeownership counseling experience and less than one year of foreclosure counseling experience. It’s a user-friendly learning experience, which includes frequently asked questions and online help to ensure efficient use of your time.
Covered topics include:
- Foreclosure terminology and processes
- Foreclosure intervention and counseling techniques
- Choosing loss-mitigation options
- Foreclosure intervention plan development
- Resources and links for housing counselors
To take the online course, please follow the directions below:
1. Register at www.nw.org/onlinereg. (If you haven’t registered for a NeighborWorks course online before, you should first complete a profile and obtain a user name and password. The profile requires that each person use, as a log-in ID, a unique email address that nobody else can access. Within minutes, you’ll get an email with a temporary password and a link with instructions to log back on to your online user account, where you will be prompted to set a permanent password.)
2. Enter your user name and password (per step 1, above) to open the online registration page, from which you can register for an e-learning course or any NeighborWorks public event. Select an e-learning option and click on “Register Now.”
3. Then select course HO109el; on the same line, to the right, enter the discount code HFAHO109a, which will adjust the course price balance to zero. (Important: This code is only for use within your organization or among your nonprofit affiliates.)
4. Complete the registration process according to the prompts. After you submit your e-learning registration, you’ll be taken directly to the beginning of the online course.
Each of the course’s four modules will take between 30-90 minutes to complete; you’ll have 60 days after your starting date to work through the four modules and pass the final exam.
The Federal Reserve and NeighborWorks America partnership seeks to mitigate the impact of foreclosures and vacant homes on communities across the country. Under this agreement, the Federal Reserve has pledged to continue supporting NeighborWorks’ ongoing effort to train counselors in foreclosure prevention, post-foreclosure counseling, and neighborhood stabilization.